- Yankees shut down Severino; IL stint ‘possible’on February 20, 2020 at 8:45 pm
Yankees GM Brian Cashman said “it’s possible” that Luis Severino could begin the season on the injured list after the right-hander was shut down thanks to forearm soreness.
- Ravens’ Harbaugh to miss combine after surgeryon February 20, 2020 at 8:39 pm
John Harbaugh, the reigning NFL Coach of the Year, won’t be attending next week’s combine in Indianapolis.
- Sources: Kyrie considering shoulder surgeryon February 20, 2020 at 8:27 pm
Nets star Kyrie Irving is considering treatment options on his right shoulder impingement — including the possibility of surgery, league sources told ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski and Malika Andrews.
- Lucroy: Changed signs every pitch vs. Astroson February 20, 2020 at 8:19 pm
Catcher Jonathan Lucroy, who played for three of the Astros’ AL West rivals between 2016 and ’19, said “everyone in baseball” knew they were stealing signs and that he changed his signs every single pitch.
- ASU says it was slow to act on claims vs. boosteron February 20, 2020 at 8:15 pm
In a statement to Yahoo Sports, Arizona State acknowledged its slow response to sexual harassment allegations against athletic booster Bart Wear, who has since been barred from the school.
- Bolsinger adds Crane, Vigoa to suit vs. Astroson February 20, 2020 at 8:08 pm
Former major league pitcher Mike Bolsinger amended his lawsuit against the Houston Astros to include Astros owner Jim Crane and baseball-operations staffer Derek Vigoa, according to a document filed in a Los Angeles court Thursday.
- Ducks’ Sabally to enter WNBA draft after seasonon February 20, 2020 at 8:04 pm
Oregon’s Satou Sabally, who is averaging 16.0 points, 7.4 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game, will leave after her junior season to enter the WNBA draft, she told ESPN.
- What happened to the great American heavyweight? He’s back. His name is Deontay Wilderon February 20, 2020 at 7:58 pm
Wilder, who faces Tyson Fury on Saturday night (ESPN+ PPV), walked into a boxing gym to try to make some extra money. He soon discovered his superpower: the greatest right hand in the history of boxing.
- Man pleads guilty for trying to fix 2018 gameon February 20, 2020 at 7:51 pm
Benjamin Bifalco, of Staten Island, pleaded guilty that he attempted to bribe a player to fix a Division I game in December 2018.